Marine transportation is a source of global economic activity that is expected to grow by an average of 3% per year in the coming years. With the continued growth, there will be a need for more marine transportation professionals. Thus, it is the best paying job in Marine transportation
The demand for marine professionals has increased in recent years because of the development of new technologies and innovations in maritime transportation. The demand for these professionals is expected to grow even further with such developments as autonomous ships and drone-based cargo delivery.
What is Marine Transportation?
Marine transportation is the transport of passengers and goods by ship, boat, barge, or other watercraft.
Marine transportation has become a big part of today’s global economy, with over 3 billion tons of cargo being shipped each year. This includes not only commercial goods such as food and raw materials but also bulk commodities such as coal and oil.
The marine industry is worth over $2 trillion in the United States alone. It is also one of the most environmentally-friendly industries in terms of carbon emissions and air pollution.
What are the Best Jobs in Maritime Industries
There are many different jobs in the maritime industry. Some of them are on board, shore-based and some require a license. On-board jobs include:
• Maintenance and Engineering Technician (MET)
• Marine Environment Officer
• Personnel man/woman [P.O.]/Personnel Officer [PO]
• Ship’s Cook (SC)/Steward.
There is no one specific job that is better than the others. Instead, it depends on what you want to do and what you are good at.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider Taking a Job in Maritime Transportation
Maritime transportation is a sector that offers career opportunities for many people. The industry is constantly changing and the work environment is diverse, so it appeals to many different types of people.
The top reasons why you should consider taking a job in maritime transportation are:
1. It’s a growing industry with good pay and benefits, especially if you’re an experienced mariner or have experience working on large ships or vessels.
2. Maritime transportation offers a variety of work environments – from the office to the deck of a ship – and career paths that can lead to positions in many different sectors like education, law enforcement, engineering and more.
3. The industry is constantly changing which means there are always new opportunities for advancement within the field as well as outside of it.
Why You Need to Take Note of These 5 Jobs in Maritime Transportation
Maritime transportation is the movement of people and cargo by sea, usually through one or more of the world’s oceans.
The marine transportation sector is a growing industry with many career opportunities. With the increase in maritime trade, there are many jobs related to this industry that are in demand.
There are five jobs that you should place on your radar if you’re interested in working in this field:
1) Shipping Officer
2) Marine Engineer
3) Marine Surveyor
4) Ship Captain
5) Ship Mate